Tuesday 11 December 2007

*New Kids On The Block - Part 7 (The Age Of Rockets)



The Age Of Rockets

Please, for the record, state:


1. i) Name and Current residing/Music making location?
Andrew Hyperion-Dishwalla Futral from The Age of Rockets currently living and rocking babies faces off in New York City, NY.
ii) Please share a fun fact about you (Music related or otherwise)
The most fun fact about me would have to be that I have seen every episode of Futurama well over 20 times each.

2. A little summary of your sound? Any artist comparisons to help people fit you into their mental record collection?
I usually like to describe us as "The Postal Service having visceral dirty sex with Her Space Holiday while Sigur Ros and The Mates of State watch from a window ... a dirty sexy window" But our new CD is more like "Sufjan Stevens having visceral dirty sex with Sigur Ros while Death Cab and Múm watch from a window ... a filthy dirty sextacular window"

3. What was the first ever concert you attended? (Preferably no lies, even if it's embarrassing, my first was The Spice Girls so no judgement here)
My first concert was Smashing Pumpkins on the Mellon Collie tour in 1995. It was the one where their keyboardist died of a heroin overdose and the drummer died. It was fucking awesome. My friend Roy got the tickets for it and somehow got front row seats. He is a ninja.Though I also did see Britney Spears once, that wasn't near the first but it's a fun story; my friend worked for an internet teen magazine and got the tickets - she was actually pretty awesome.

4. Which artist/band would be a dream collaboration for you?
Right now there are a few people I would kill to work with. The first person that comes to mind is Uffie but as she has said already, "She's (currently got) the best producers" so that will never happen. A very close second would be Joss Whedon whom is not really known for music and I don't really have a project in mind but I just want to hang out with him and be funny .. together. I guess that really is more of a boy crush thing ... ok ok ... colabs ... hmmm ... someone like Kate Nash would be good because I love her quirky songwriting but really feel like she secretly wants her music to be a lot more intricate, challenging and pretentious. I guess I just want to work with girls I have crushes on. So let's throw Lily Allen in there too.

5. Where can we find/hear/buy your angelic music?
Itunes! Or any of those online digital stores. Also our website (http://www.myspace.com/theageofrockets). Also on tour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bought the cd... it is great...first party it was gone, someone took it.
WTF