Wednesday 24 October 2007

*New Kids On The Block - Part 1 (Sam Lewis)

no no, not the rockin' 80s/90s little group of joyful boys.
This boys and girls is a new section for the up and coming artists that are buzzing around my ears, eyes and hopefully not nose - there's just no reason for them to smell. I asked these wonderful newbies a handful of standard glucky type questions so you could get to know them all a little better, maybe go on a few dates and eventually fall madly in love with them. Don't say I don't ever do anything for you...

First batter up:

Sam Lewis


Please, for the record, state:

1. i) Your name and current residing/music-making location?
Sam Lewis based in London

ii) Please share a fun fact about you (music related or otherwise)
My dad is in my band!

2. A little summary of your sound? Any artist comparisons to help people fit you into their mental record collection?
The sound is a mellow mix of acoustic blues, folk and country sounds from a modern perspective.

3. What was the first ever concert you attended? (Preferably no lies to make you look cool, even if it's embarrassing, my first was The Spice Girls so there is NO judgement here)
The first gig i ever went to was Elvis Costello and I went with my mum.

4. Which artist/band would be a dream collaboration
for you?
Bonni Prince Billy.

5. Where can we find/hear/buy your angelic music?
My album "Everything You Are" will be available on itunes in 4 weeks time and for now there are songs up on the myspace at: http://www.myspace.com/samlewisrecordings

1 comment:

Vivi said...

He's just the best ! His music is really brillant and Sam is so cute ! I'd say he's one of the best guitar player of the world ! He understood that you've to play with your heart, and god this is nice !!