Thursday 25 October 2007

*New Kids On The Block - Part 2 (Lyla Foy)

Second batter up:

Lyla Foy

Please, for the record, state:

1. i) Name and Current residing/Music making location?
Lyla Foy. Residing in London. Making music in bedroom studio on a daily basis.

ii) Please share a fun fact about you (Music related or otherwise)
I used to want to be a professional ice-skater because of all that lycra.

2. A little summary of your sound? Any artist comparisons to help people fit you into their mental record collection?
At gigs I tend to choose the happy, bouncy songs but on my album it's a lot darker. My songs are quirky and ploinky, cute yet ironic; a combination of Tori Amos and Alisha's Attic, Regina Spektor and Wallis Bird but equally nothing like any of them.

3. What was the first ever concert you attended? (Preferably no lies, even if it’s embarrassing, my first was The Spice Girls so no judgement here)
It was honestly The Red Hot Chili Peppers - or at least I've been telling that story for so long that if there was anything before it I can't remember. I would love it to be more embarassing. Thankfully I don't cringe at the thought of my parents at a gig anymore, but at the chili's my mum had to come because me and my mates were 13 and i almost died! In the end we were all standing on our chairs and having a giggle though - she loved it!

4. Which artist/band would be a dream collaboration for you?
Oh so many! I am a little obsessed with Terra Naomi at the moment but she's a fairly new artist I guess. If Nick Drake was still alive I reckon we could have done a nice love ballad.

5. Where can we find/hear/buy your angelic music?
I've got some songs up on myspace and soon I'll be putting up some album edits. I'm planning on releasing a single in the next few months with the album to follow in 2008. http://www.myspace.com/lylafoy

other links:
http://www.lylafoy.com
http://www.youtube.com/lylafoy

1 comment:

Nin said...

Hearing Lyla at In the City was SO much fun and boy did she and her band sound great and look really cool. Loved the preppy look and the little red hat!