Wednesday 24 October 2007

*Remi Nicole - Rock 'n' Roll (Single)


(Cool Delta)

Lyrically this song makes me chuckle. In a good, “it’s summer and I have nothing to do” way. I really want to like Remi Nicole; she’s young, sparky and feisty, but there is something purely lackluster about this single. Considering all the other young London talent currently out there (Laura Marling, Adele, Florence & The Machine etc.) she just doesn’t seem to measure up in voice or depth. The song feels too much like one of your friends could have penned it in a few hours down the pub. That’s not to say it’s bad, it’s got memorable parts to it “Did you not see me dancing the other night, like the girls on Channel U” plus it gets the foot tapping, it’s alright – but it’s just alright. Put it this way, if I was dwindling at the bar at a gig and this came on I wouldn’t rush back to my seat.

No comments: