Friday 9 November 2007

*New Kids On The Block - Part 3 (Rachael Cantu)

Take it away...

Rachael Cantu




Please, for the record, state:

1. i) Name and Current residing/Music making location?
Rachael Cantu, Echo Park (Los Angeles), California.

ii) Please share a fun fact about you (Music related or otherwise)
Depends on the mood, but I can turn into a dancing machine. I've always wanted to learn to breakdance professionally. I have fancy feet.

2. A little summary of your sound? Any artist comparisons to help people fit you into their mental record collection?
Not cool. I had a friend once tell me that she loved my music because it's not "cool". I took it as a compliment. Think haunting, but not scary. Pretty, but not beautiful. Comparisons: mix between Rachael Leigh Cook and Rachael Ray except that I don't cook nor do I act.

3. What was the first ever concert you attended? (Preferably no lies, even if it's embarrassing, my first was The Spice Girls so no judgement here)
I didn't go to a concert 'til I was in my teens (besides Christian rock concerts at my church...those do not count). My first real "I paid for it" concert I attended was AVAIL. Some good ol' fashion hardcore punk rock.

4. Which artist/band would be a dream collaboration for you?
Tom Waits. Period.

5. Where can we find/hear/buy your angelic music?
Angelic, why thank you... You can buy it from iTunes or from my label, (they ship quickly) at:
www.qdivision.com/cantu
I am in the process of recording a new album with the amazing Meghan Toohey as producer/engineer. Keep your ears open for that!

For instant listening *Get Glucky Recommends* "Saturday", "Your Hips Are Bad" and "Make A Name For Me And You"

www.myspace.com/rachaelcantu

2 comments:

Changechange said...

I appreciate that you have fancy feet and that your label delivers quickly.

Anonymous said...

I would recommend *even higher* her cover of Dylan's "Threw it all away". Yummmmmmmmmmmmmy.